Tuesday 12 August 2008

Life Goes..

As an aside, my CD version of "The First Picture of You" by the Lotus Eaters is currently being chopped away by my ancient crappy Tesco-stereo. It takes me at twenty times the speed, and with a tenth of the consolation, through that period of ten years ago, when every day was a challenge to prove that I did have a brain, even though I felt, as surely as I feel my feet upon the ground, that my head was empty. Eventually of course, with hearing quotes from Shakespeare in my laying down, and otherwise always feeling that I was plummeting into an infinite pit, I proved that it was indeed empty, as I had suspected.

Ten years: and nothing I've done since then in work or art that approaches the achievement of getting up each day of that week, putting on my suit & gown, daydreaming down to Exam Schools and picking up the pen.

I don't really care what you think at this point: I write it for the same reason I write everything or nothing: because I want to.

I vaguely remember a 15 year old Billie Piper singing something like that, soon after that week.

No comments: