Sunday 15 October 2006

BA's Religious Discrimination

His Grace (linked to above) has an excellent post on the hypocrisy of British Airways and the rather funny way their policy on religious garb or ornamentation reduces to: if you have a huge ornament or item of clothing, you can wear it openly. If you have small one, you must conceal it or not wear it.

I think they should take his Grace up on his suggestion that the suspended Christian lady wear a huge crucifix that could not possibly be covered up.

Unfortunately for me I am terrified of flying so I won't be boycotting BA, but it is tempting to deliberately fly using another airline just to register the extent of my annoyance with them. However, my terror would be such that any pleasure I would gain from it would be swiftly countered.

No comments: