Thursday 17 August 2006

Tin Drumming

Thought I'd just mention that I have chosen the name of my blog not because I am a Nazi, which I'm not, or because I'm unaware of what The Tin Drum is about, which I'm also not, but because I just like the idea of someone, like me, pointlessly going on and on about stuff when no-one is listening or wants to listen. And as a metaphor for that banging on a tin drum is pretty good. Plus a few people at school used to think of me as a poisonous dwarf mouthing off ignorantly to all and sundry, even though I'm of average height.

Still, Grass's confession this week puts the book in a slightly different light.

England playing poorly at the moment, Pakistan bowling well. I would think Australia have worked out now that Pietersen is so pumped up at the start of his innings that he is extremely vulnerable between 0 and about 35. All they have to is bowl quick and straight at him and he is a candidate for a rubbish score. Today does show you that good though England are, against good, probing bowling, they can be made to struggle.

No comments: