Sunday 9 November 2008

Remembrance Sunday

I haven't posted anything of my own, despite always marking this day with a poppy and thoughts and prayers, but instead today i thought I would just round up a few blogosphere Remembrance posts. James Higham gives a lot of the background. Behind Blue Eyes has an excellent post about the day and what it signifies about values. Leg-Iron has closed his blog as a mark of respect. DK quotes Cecil Spring-Rice, though he needn't seem as diffident about it as he does. And Heather Yaxley adds a personal recollection to the day.

That was all. I liked these posts, and I like the different shades of remembrance they bring.

I wonder if Hazel Blears will see it the same way?

2 comments:

Old BE said...

Thanks for linking, glad you enjoyed the post.

Anonymous said...

The link is appreciated - and I enjoyed reading the other posts too.