Friday 6 October 2006

Jesus

As a pathetic and out of place teenager, one of my musical heroes - in an age of SL2, Altern8, Chemical Brothers, etc (basically, between 1992-1996); one of my total heroes was the magnificent, late, Ian Dury, whose Blockheads hits I am listening to right now (sex and drugs and rock and roll...sex...and drugs...... ).


This is what we find....that Gilad Atzmon, of Norman Geras and Oliver Kamm posts passim, revolting anti-everything to do with Jews and Israel (see Normblogs passim to about 1971).....is a Blockhead.


I cannot explain how sad I feel to realise that such a shit is hanging onto my heroes. What next? David Irving to join the Jam? Nick Griffin to take up rhythm guitar in XTC? Anjem Choudary to join New Order as lead vocalist? I've gotta stop this post before it gets out of hand.

No comments: